Air Fryer Churros are a delicious sweet treat, coated with cinnamon sugar mixture. These churros have a crunchy texture and are air fried to golden perfection.
Making churros in the air fryer is an easy way to have a carnival or theme park treat in minutes!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS CHURRO RECIPE
Traditional churros are a popular dessert, and family favorite when visiting the Magic Kingdom or the local fair. But instead of the deep-fried version, making them in the air fryer allows us to have them all the time.
Air-Fried Churros are so easy to make with just a few common ingredients. Because homemade churros are a wonderful special treats for the kids, or just an easy dessert, you will want them all the time.
Churro Dough Ingredients:
- granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
- ground cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE CHURROS IN AIR FRYER:
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar and butter. Stir the mixture until it begins to boil. Let water boil for at least 2-3 full minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the flour and cinnamon, stir with a rubber spatula until the mixture is smooth and thickens. Let dough cool for about 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, add the eggs to the batter while continuously stirring with a wooden spoon, or mixer, until a soft ball of dough forms.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag with a large star nozzle or closed star decorating tip. If dough is too sticky, add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time, until the dough thickens.
- On a baking sheet or cutting board, lined with air fryer parchment paper, pipe churro dough in rows (about 4-inch pieces) in length. Try to pipe dough evenly in size so they air fry evenly.
- Place cookie sheet in the freezer for 15-30 minutes to chill churros.
- Transfer churros in basket, on air fryer parchment paper.
- Air fry at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes until churros are golden brown.
- Meanwhile combine cinnamon and granulated sugar in a shallow bowl, and melt butter in microwave safe bowl.
- When churros are done cooking, brush with butter, and then roll in cinnamon and sugar, coating both sides.
- Place warm churros on a baking rack or wire rack so they remain super crispy. Continue this same process when making batches of churros, until all dough has been used.
I make this recipe in my Cosori air fryer. Depending on your air fryer, size and wattages cooking time may need to be adjusted 1-2 minutes.
I love the cinnamon and sugar coating, but churros with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce takes this dessert to perfection. You can also try Mexican chocolate sauce with a pinch of cayenne or chipotle pepper for some heat. My favorite dipping sauces are chocolate or just the sugar with cinnamon.
You can store leftover dough if refrigerated for 2-3 days or frozen for up to 1 month. Either way store dough in a sealed pastry bag or resealable airtight bag. Do not cover churros in butter or any spice blend prior to storing.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
- Air Fryer Blueberry Crisp
- Air Fryer Blueberry Muffin Bites
- Air Fryer Blueberry Scones
- Air Fryer Cream Cheese Cherry Pies
- Air Fryer Pop Tarts
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Are you on Instagram? Follow along and TAG US @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Churros
- 1 Air Fryer
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup butter cut into cubes (4 tbs)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all purpose flour plus 1-2 tablespoons
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, add water, butter, sugar, and salt. Heat on medium to high heat until it begins to boil. Stir continuously until butter has melted and sugar and salt are dissolved. Let boil for at least 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool for about 30 seconds, then add in flour and cinnamon. Then beat in whisked eggs. If dough is too sticky, add in 1-2 extra tablespoons of flour. Dough will be slightly sticky but thick enough to hold shape.
- Transfer dough to a piping bag with a large star tip. (I use 1M tip)
- Pipe dough onto baking sheet lined with air fryer parchment paper, into 4-6 inch strips, then place baking sheet in the refrigerator to chill for 30-45 minutes, or freezer for 15 minutes, until dough is firm.
- Gently transfer parchment paper with piped dough into the air fryer basket. Air fry at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Brush churros with melted butter, then toss churros with sugar mixture until well coated.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.
Leave a Reply