This is an exceptional Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs dish that has crispy skin and juicy flavors that are delightful. The tangy citrus flavor and dash of pepper make this one of my all-time favorite chicken recipes.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this quick and easy dish. In less than 20 minutes this chicken dish that packs a punch of flavor that are ready to be devoured on your weeknight dinner table.
If you love chicken, you might also enjoy these Naked Air Fryer Chicken Tenders.
Looking for more? Check out this article where we share our favorite top 50 air fryer chicken recipes.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN THIGH RECIPE
You will love this recipe because it is the perfect dish for a busy weeknight meal that the entire family will enjoy. The young and old in my family simple adore this delicious, savory chicken dish.
Serve this chicken with your favorite side dishes during the week, when having company over on the weekend or to take as an amazing appetizer on fall game days. These chicken thighs will not disappoint anyway you choose to serve them.
- chicken thighs
- fresh lemon juice
- lemon pepper seasoning
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- olive oil
Optional Additional Flavors: Kosher salt, red pepper flakes, teaspoon paprika, fresh garlic or a family spice rub.
How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
In a small bowl mix the lemon pepper seasoning, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper together. Set aside.
Wash chicken thighs under cold water, place them on a cutting board and pat them dry with paper towels.
Place the chicken thighs into a plastic resealable bag and pour in the olive oil and lemon juice.
Seal the bag and fully coat the thighs.
Add the spice mixture to the bag, seal it and toss chicken in seasonings until well coated.
Place the thighs in a single layer into the air fryer basket and cook at 360 degrees F for 15-17 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking process.
Use a meat thermometer to check meat for doneness. The chicken's internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
Serve while hot.
- Optional Favorite Dipping Sauces: Garlic aioli, chipotle in adobo with sour cream, blue cheese dressing, honey mustard, hot sauce or buffalo sauce.
- Optional Additional Toppings: Lemon zest, fresh thyme, lemon slices, chopped parsley, grated parmesan cheese or fresh chives.
- Substitutions: Use avocado oil instead of olive oil. Use other citrusy flavors if you prefer.
- I make this recipe in my Cosori 5.8 qt. air fryer. Depending on your air fryer, size and wattages, cooking time may need to be adjusted 1-2 minutes.
- Use a digital meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F/74°C.
Storage and Reheating
- Allow chicken to fully cool prior to storing. Place in a resealable zip lock bag or airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 4 days. Store in a freezer storage bag or airtight container in your freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat leftover chicken thighs in the air fryer at 350°F for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through.
If you do not have chicken thighs this dish can be made with other cuts of chicken. Juicy chicken breasts, chicken legs or chicken wings will all be delicious with lemon pepper seasonings.
Fresh green beans, spaghetti squash or a huge batch of garlic mashed potatoes will go great with this lemon pepper chicken. Some other dishes to go with this flavorful chicken are a vegetable stir fry or rice pilaf.
Some other dishes that can be made with chicken are buffalo chicken wings, asparagus stuffed chicken breasts, and popcorn chicken. Once any chicken is cooked, you can chop it up or shred it to make chicken fajitas, Chinese chicken salad, or a creamy chicken alfredo pasta.
MORE AIR FRYER CHICKEN RECIPES:
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
- 1 Air Fryer
- 6 chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1 ½ Tablespoom lemon juice fresh
- ½ Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- In a small bowl mix the lemon pepper seasoning, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper together. Set aside.
- Wash chicken thighs under cold water, place them on a cutting board and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken thighs into a plastic resealable bag and pour in the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Seal the bag and fully coat the thighs.
- Add the spice mixture to the bag, seal it and toss chicken in seasonings until well coated.
- Place the thighs in a single layer into the air fryer basket and cook at 360 degrees F for 15-17 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking process.
- Use a meat thermometer to check meat for doneness. The chicken's internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- Serve while hot.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.