These Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas are perfect for a busy weeknight meal. The chicken is tender and you can make it a serve yourself meal with everyone putting their own fajita together with all of their favorite toppings.
These are not overly spicy unless you want them to be and then you can use a spicier taco seasoning. We keep it mild in my house because the kids don't care for too much heat and I can add some things onto my fajita when I make it to get it spicier.
You can serve these with refried beans or rice or alone is enough for me. I always feel like all of the extra stuff that you get at Mexican restaurants is overkill, we can stuff ourselves on chips and salsa and the delicious fajitas.
But at home I do try to have a little something extra because we don't seem to overdo it quite as much. I put out a variety of toppings choices for everyone, some of my favorite are avocado, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro and of course, salsa.
You can actually buy chicken already cut into fajita strips but I prefer to buy whole chicken breast and do it myself because it's cheaper and I think a little better. Why spend extra for just a few minutes of my time? But if that is what you prefer go with it.
What you need to make Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Red Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Orange Bell Pepper
- Chicken Breasts
- Taco seasoning
- Flour Tortillas
- Fresh Lime Juice
How to make Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 380 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken breast into strips.
- Slice the onion and bell peppers.
- Place the chicken and veggies into a medium bowl and add the taco seasoning. Toss until the chicken and vegetables are coated evenly with the seasoning.
- Put the chicken and vegetables into the Air Fryer and cook at 380 for 18 minutes. Toss them every few minutes to ensure they cook evenly.
- Remove from the Air Fryer and serve on flour tortillas with your favorite toppings.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top before serving.
Tips from the cook
- You can marinate the chicken before cutting if you prefer but this recipe has plenty of flavor on its own.
- I like to use a variety of bell peppers because the colors make it more festive. You can choose whatever you prefer or what they have fresh at the store.
- There are so many options of toppings for your fajitas but no need to overdo it, just keep it simple with cheese, avocado, sour cream, salsa and fresh cilantro.
- Each Air Fryer is different so you may need to adjust your time, just be sure that your chicken is cooked to 165 degrees internally.
- You can put aluminum foil or parchment paper in the bottom of the air fryer to help with clean up, just don't put it in while pre-heating. You must have the food on top of it to hold it down.
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Air Fryer
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 4 Tbsp taco seasoning
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the basket with nonstick spray once the Air Fryer has completed the preheat cycle.
- Slice the chicken and all vegetables into slices. Add the slices to a medium sized mixing bowl and top with taco seasoning.
- Add the seasoning chicken and vegetables to the prepared Air Fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 minutes. Toss the chicken and vegetables every few minutes to ensure even coookng.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables from the Air Fryer and serve with flour tortillas, cheese, and your favorite fajita toppings.
- Consider using toppings such as sliced avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, lime juice, diced jalapenos, and more.
- Store any leftover fajita meat in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Serve as leftovers with rice or as a fajita salad.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.