This delicious taco casserole is made with ground beef, taco seasoning, bell pepper, tomatoes and chilis, cheese, and more. It's the perfect easy Air Fryer meal that's family friendly and keto, too!
I am always looking for delicious family friendly meals that the whole family enjoys. Casseroles are always on the list because they can feed the masses and don't take a lot of time to make.
If you haven't made an air fryer casserole, you're missing out. Not only is this Air Fryer Taco Casserole delicious, but it's keto-friendly and made in just 30 minutes. That's a triple win in my book.
Air Fryer Casserole
I love making casseroles, and this Air Fryer Taco Casserole is definitely a favorite. It's quick, easy, family friendly, and keto. The kids don't think anything of it because they love the flavors.
You can't beat a quick and healthy dinner everyone loves to eat!
- lean ground beef - I like to use 95% lean ground beef.
- taco seasoning - use your favorite brand or a homemade taco seasoning.
- bell pepper - diced green bell pepper, or use a red pepper for a little sweetness.
- diced tomatoes with chilis - include the juice with this recipe, don't drain it.
- sour cream
- heavy cream
- shredded cheddar cheese - you can also add in some mozzarella and a little cream cheese.
- green onions - optional, but I love the flavors!
I also used the casserole/cake pan that comes in the Cosori accessories package you can find here. You can also use any deep dish oven-safe pan that will fit into your air fryer.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
In a medium sized skillet, brown the ground beef for 5 minutes, or until the beef is no longer pink. Drain.
Add in bell pepper, diced tomatoes with green chilis, water, and taco seasoning to the ground beef. Simmer for an additional 3 minutes.
Preheat the air fryer at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the air fryer casserole dish.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, and heavy cream until completely combined. Set aside.
Pour the meat mixture into the bottom of the casserole dish. Add the egg mixture to the top of the meat mixture.
Add the casserole dish to the preheated air fryer basket and cook at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 minutes. Add the shredded cheddar cheese and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Top with green onion tops and serve.
Casserole Substitutions and FAQs
If you're looking for something other than ground beef, you can also use lean ground turkey for this keto friendly taco casserole.
You can definitely add additional flavors to change up this casserole. Consider adding diced jalapeños or changing out the green pepper for a sweeter, red pepper.
Consider adding additional toppings when serving this taco casserole such as sour cream, sliced avocado, and top it with jalapeños and salsa.
MORE AIR FRYER DINNER RECIPES
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Pistachio Crusted Chicken
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Even the kids devoured it! You'll love it because it's easy and keto-friendly. They'll love it because it is full of amazing flavors.
Let us know when you try it by leaving a comment below and leaving a rating in the recipe card.
Air Fryer Taco Casserole (Keto)
- Air Fryer
- Casserole/Cake pan
- 1 lb lean ground beef 95% lean
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup bell pepper chopped
- 10 oz diced tomatoes and green chilis not drained
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp green onions optional
- Brown the lean ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, about 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain.
- Add the water, taco seasoning, diced bell pepper, and canned tomatoes with green chilis. Stir and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the air fryer casserole/cake dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, and heavy cream together. Set aside.
- Pour the taco meat mixture into the bottom of the prepared casserole pan. Top the meat mixture with the egg mixture.
- Place the casserole into the air fryer basket and cook for 18 minutes. Top with cheese and cook an additional 2 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Top with green onions and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Consider adding additional flavors like diced jalapenos for extra spice.
- Mix up the flavors by adding a little mozzarella and cream cheese to the dish.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.