Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken is one of our all time favorite air fryer dinners. Just a few ingredients are needed to make this crispy coated chicken. Dinner will be done in less than 20 minutes, and everyone will be asking for seconds!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken in the Air Fryer
Going out to eat is one of our favorite things to do on date night. We love trying new restaurants, and especially love Italian food. Lately, we have been trying to eat at home, so when we first tried this recipe in the air fryer, it was a hit!
The chicken turns out so crispy and the parmesan cheese gives it just the right flavor. Of course, the Italian Seasoned Panko crumbs, make the coating my favorite part of the meal.
This recipe uses sour cream or yogurt to secure the seasonings to the chicken breast while it cooks in the air fryer. And it is so easy to make!
I love making dinners like this at home now. Not only does it save us money, the air fryer makes it so easy, I can do other things while dinner is cooking.
Every time I make this dinner for the family, I get so many complements! They all think it took me ages to make, so it's my little secret that it cooks in under 20 minutes.
How to make Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Pat down the panko crumbs, mixed with seasonings, onto each piece of chicken.
Preheat the oven to 380 degrees. Then, lightly brush or spray olive oil onto the basket, and place the chicken in the basket. Cook at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes, then turn the chicken over and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes.
FAQ's about Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Do I have to flip the chicken in the air fryer?
I turn it over so the backside gets the crispness and to make sure it is evenly cooked.
What size are the pieces of chicken cooked for this recipe?
My chicken breasts were between 7 and 8 oz. each. If you have thicker pieces of chicken, you may want to butterfly them, so they cook thoroughly. I have also cooked thinner strips of chicken, and they don't need to cook as long.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Air Fryer
- 2 8 oz Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- ¼ cup Italian Style Panko Crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit .
- Rinse and pat dry each piece of chicken.
- Coat each piece of chicken with one tablespoon of sour cream or Greek yogurt, only covering the tops of the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine the panko, parmesan cheese, and seasonings.
- Pat the cheese mixture into the sour cream.
- Lightly spray or brush the olive oil onto the basket.
- Place the chicken into the basket and cook at 380 degrees F for 12 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and return to fryer to cook for an additional 4-6 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.