Air Fryer Mummy Brownies are the perfect way to turn everyday brownies into a spooky treat. These adorable brownies are one of our favorite themed recipes.
Since I have been doing this food blog, I have had so much fun learning how to use my air fryer. Whether I use it for making my favorite recipe, or learning to make things using just a couple of ingredients, it has become my go-to appliance.
Although you can make these mummies with our air fryer homemade brownies, to make this recipe as simple as possible, I used a brownie box mix.
I like fudgy brownies and wanted my mummies to be as dark as possible, so I used a Dark Chocolate Ghirardelli brownie mix. Of course, no mummy is complete without candy eyeballs, and frosting or melted white chocolate strips for the wrap.
If you are looking for more Air Fryer Halloween themed recipes, you will love our Ghost Cupcakes, Halloween Chex Mix, and our Mummy Hot Dog Recipe, which are hot dogs, wrapped in strips of dough with candy eyes.
What you need to make Air Fryer Mummy Brownies
I use my Cosori 5. Quart air fryer to make these brownies. I did split the box mix into two batches because I had to use a pan that would fit in my air fryer. However if you have a large air fryer, and your pan will fit, you can make it in one batch. Cooking times may be longer if you are using one full pan.
Besides an air fryer, to make these brownies you will need just a few simple ingredients :
- Brownie mix
- Candy eyeballs
- White frosting, white chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts for the mummy wrap
How to make Mummy Air Fryer Brownies
In a large mixing bowl, prepare the brownie recipe according to the Box directions. In my case it was as simple as adding vegetable oil, eggs, and water.
To prepare the baking dish, lightly coat the bottom of the pan with nonstick cooking spray, butter or vegetable oil. You can also line the pan with a piece of parchment paper which makes it much easier to lift the brownies out of the pan.
Stir the ingredients together until they are combined and then pour the brownie batter into a baking dish. Air Fry at 370° for 10-12 minutes. Brownie baking time may vary depending on your air fryer wattage and size.
Once the brownies are done, allow them to cool. Then cut the brownies into small rectangles about 2 x 3 inch in size.
Place the brownies on to a piece of parchment paper or on a plate, and then using a crisscross pattern, drizzle the melted white chocolate, wrapping the mummy. Be sure to leave room at one end of the brownie so you have a place to put the candy eyeballs.
You can also use frosting to make the Crisscross pattern across the brownies. I usually keep enough confectioners sugar on hand to make my own frosting, but to keep this recipe simple, I purchased pre-made frosting.
Do I have to use a specific kind of box brownies?
Not at all. I love using different types of regular brownies mixes. You can use a chewy brownies mix, or peanut butter brownies mix.
What are other options for making the mummy wrap?
In addition to the multiple flavors of frostings, you can use milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or melted cherry chips as your drizzled mummy wrap.
Are cooking times the same for box mix brownies and homemade brownies?
I found the times to be the same. Although, depending on how full you fill the baking dish, the cooking times may vary.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer Mummy Brownies
- Air Fryer
- Square Baking Dish
- 1 Box Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces white melting chocolates
- 1 package candy eyeballs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix with water, oil, and the egg. Stir together until ingredients are well blended.
- Pour the brownie batter into lightly sprayed or lined baking dish.
- Air Fry at 370° Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes. Brownie baking time may vary depending on your air fryer wattage and size. You may need to add 1-2 minutes at a time until the center is firm.
- Once the brownies are done, allow them to cool. Then cut the brownies into small rectangles about 2x 3 inch in size. Place the brownies on to a piece of parchment paper or on a plate.
- Prepare the white melting chocolates by placing them in a microwave safe bowl and heating for 30 seconds to 1 minute until they are melted.
- Use a spoon or a piping bag to drizzle over the melted chocolate over brownies. As you drizzle the chocolate, use a crisscross pattern, leaving room at one end of the brownie so you have a place to put the candy eyeballs.
- Add candy eyeballs and let the chocolate cool to set.
- To prepare the baking dish, lightly coat the bottom of the pan with nonstick cooking spray, butter or vegetable oil. You can also line the pan with a piece of parchment paper which makes it much easier to lift the brownies out of the pan.
- You can also use frosting to make the Crisscross pattern across the brownies. I usually keep enough confectioners sugar on hand to make my own frosting, but to keep this recipe simple, I purchased pre-made frosting.
- I used a 6x6 pan, and was able to make two batches with one box mix. Doing this, I had 12 mummies.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.
Leave a Reply