Air fryer Halloween Ghost Cupcakes are delicious chocolate cupcakes. These spooky ghosts can be made using a mix, or your favorite cupcake recipe.
Two of my favorite things are baking and using my air fryer. As I prepare for fall and all of the holiday parties to follow, I want to use my air fryer to make my party treats.
Making cupcakes in the air fryer is so fun. Even though I could only bake 9 at a time, because they are done so quickly, it is still faster than an oven.
With so many people traveling, camping, or just not wanting to heat up their kitchen, the air fryer is an easy solution. And making these fun treats is so easy, you will love making them.
Air Fryer Halloween Ghost Cupcakes Ingredients
Once again I used my Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer to make this recipe. I did use a cake mix if you want to make them from a chocolate cupcake recipe, follow our Air Fryer Chocolate Bundt cake recipe. I also used these silicone cupcake liners.
Besides an air fryer, the ingredients you need to make this recipe are:
- Box cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla Frosting
- Candy eyes
I also used a Piping Bag with a Wilton 2A tip to make my frosting ghosts. If you don't have the piping tip, you can use a Ziploc bag and cut the corner to frost your cupcakes.
How to make Ghost Cupcakes in the air fryer
To begin, prepare the cake mix according to the box directions. For my cake mix, I started with a medium bowl to combine the mix with water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Stir together, or if using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until creamy.
Click Here to Get the Top Ten Air Fryer Questions Answered
Once you chocolate cupcake batter is ready, place the silicone liners in your air fryer basket and carefully pour the cupcake batter from the mixing bowl until they are about ¾ full.
I filled them while they were in the basket so when transferring them to the basket, I would avoid spilling any batter. You can also use cupcake tins that fit in your air fryer.
Air fry the cupcakes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes. Once done, remove from the air fryer basket and start the next batch. Be sure to allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
To top the cupcakes with your ghost frosting, add vanilla or buttercream on cupcake using a frosting bag. Going in a continual circular motion, continue to make a full circle, until you have a small mound of frosting, to create a ghost form. Add the two edible eyes to each ghost to complete the cupcake.
To make my ghosts, I use a pre-made white frosting. If you want to make frosting, I love making Wilton's Homemade Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe:
To have a full ghost frosted cupcake, you want the frosting being a little bit thicker so it will hold it's ghost shape. If you frosting is too thin, you can add additional sugar, a teaspoon at a time, until it thickens.
Do I have to use chocolate cupcakes?
You can make your choice of cupcakes for this cupcake base. I use a Devils Food Cake Mix so the ghosts are very chocolate.
How do I store leftover cupcakes?
Store any leftover cupcakes in an airtight container. Keep refrigerated for 2-4 days.
MORE HOLIDAY AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer Halloween Ghost Cupcakes
- Air Fryer
- Silicone Liners
- cake mix 15.25 oz
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tub frosting
- 1 package candy eyes
- Air fry 350 degrees Fahrenheit 10-12 minutes. Makes 2 dozen cupcakes
- Use a medium bowl, to combine the cake mix with water, vegetable oil, and eggs. (or according to your box mix directions) Stir, or if using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Once the batter is prepared, place the silicone liners in your air fryer basket.
- Carefully pour the cupcake batter from the mixing bowl until they are about ¾ full. (You can use a cupcake tin with liners, if it will fit in your air fryer)
- Air fry the cupcakes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes.
- Once done, remove from the air fryer basket and start the next batch. Be sure to allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- To top the cupcakes with your ghost frosting, add vanilla or buttercream on cupcake using a frosting bag. Going in a continual circular motion, continue to make a full circle, until you have a small mound of frosting, to create a ghost form.
- Add the two edible eyes to each ghost to complete the face.
- Not all Air fryers are the same. Wattages can affect cooking time.
- Having cake batter near the air fryer fan can blow the tops of the cupcakes just a bit.
- Be careful not to fill the silicone liners to full or the batter will blow around in the air fryer.
- If you can't find candy eyeballs, you can use black writing icing, a drop of black food gel, or mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.
Leave a Reply