Air fryer Halloween Chex Mix is a fun twist to a favorite party snack. The treat is done in just minutes with our favorite Halloween candies, pretzels, bugles, and of course Chex Mix Cereals.
I love Halloween time so I can make this fun party treat. This Snack Mix has no limit to variations. I use my favorite Halloween bite size candy, making it the perfect sweet treat. I have also made this with my dad's favorite candy, malted milk balls, for candy eyes. Hot tamales can add a spicy cinnamon flavor too. The list is endless!
What you need to make Halloween Chex Mix in the air fryer
I use the basket from my Cosori air fryer with a 5.8 quart capacity. If you have an air fryer with racks, you can just spread the Chex mix on baking trays.
Besides an air fryer, the ingredients you need to make this recipe are:
- Chex mix cereals
- Melted butter
- Brown sugar
- Bite size pretzel twists
- Candy corn
- Marshmallow candy corn pumpkins
- Halloween M&M's (or your favorite chocolate candy)
Optional: mixed nuts or peanuts
How to make this party treat in the air fryer
To make this party mix, begin by making the base. I use rice Chex, Honey Nut Chex, and Corn Chex flavors. Pour the cereals into a large mixing bowl. Then add the bugles and pretzels to the cereal mixture. (I try to remove broken pretzels or bugles before mixing.)
Add in the vanilla, brown sugar, and melted butter. Toss the ingredients together until you have coated cereal mixture.
Pour the Chex Mix into the air fryer basket or evenly spread onto a baking sheet. Air Fry at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, shaking the basket or stirring the mixture, halfway through the cooking time.
Once it is done, allow it to completely cool. To quicken the process, you can place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
Once the mix is cooled or at room temperature, add in the Candy Corn, candy pumpkins, and M and M's. Stir together until they are evenly distributed throughout the Chex mix snack.
Do I need to use a silicone baking mat, or parchment paper?
I usually like to use parchment paper when a recipe is sticky or I know will have dough fall through, like cookies. For this recipe, I only used four tablespoon of butter, so it wasn't sticky. I did not use a liner, and the basket was easy to clean after making batches of snack mix.
Can I make this Chex Mix Halloween version in my oven?
Yes. Oven version Chex Mix is suggested to bake at 200 degrees F for 45 minutes to an hour. But with almost no prep time, making this mix snack is so much faster in the air fryer.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer Halloween Chex Mix
- Air Fryer
- 1 cup Rice Chex
- 1 cup Corn Chex
- 1 cup Honey Nut Chex
- 1 cup pretzels
- ½ cup bugels
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup candy corn
- ½ cup marshmallow pumpkins
- ½ cup Halloween M and M's
- ½ cup mixed nuts
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cereals, bugles, and pretzels.
- Add in the melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Toss the ingredients together, coating the cereal mixture.
- Pour the Chex Mix into the air fryer basket or evenly spread onto a baking sheet. Work in batches if you are using a small air fryer.
- Air Fry at 250 degrees for 10 minutes, shaking the basket or stirring the mixture, halfway through the cooking time.
- Once it is done, allow it to completely cool. To quicken the process, you can place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Once the mix is cooled or at room temperature, add in the Candy Corn, candy pumpkins, and M and M's. Stir together until they are evenly distributed throughout the Chex mix snack.
- You can add any Halloween candies or candy bars, you prefer to make this mix your own treat. I like the Halloween M and M's because they are candy coated with such bright color, but any candy pieces will work. You can also break up small candy bars, or add milk or white chocolate chips.
- You don't have to use common cereal flavors to make this Chex mixture. Try apple or apple cinnamon boxes of cereal.
- You can sprinkle a half of a teaspoon of cinnamon or pumpkin spice flavor to this treat for a more defined fall flavor.
- The classic snack uses bagel chips, but I added bugles to get the witch hat appearance. Bat or ghost pretzels, as well as other chips, like corn chips, or popcorn, can be added to your party mix.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.