These Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs are a quick and easy meal for family lunches or dinners at home. The air fryer adds that extra crispiness that makes this fan favorite just perfect!
More Air Fryer Frozen Foods Recipes
Why you will love Air Fryer Corn Dogs
These corn dogs have a satisfying crunch that gives way to a sweet blast of flavor and a soft, savory center. You’ll be transported to the carnival even though you’re sitting right in your kitchen.
Why this recipe works in the air fryer
If you have ever eaten a corn dog at a fair or carnival and thought, “man, why can’t I have this at home?” this recipe is for you. These corn dogs are one of my favorite air fryer snacks.
You may have already bought frozen corn dogs at the store, cooked them in the microwave or oven, and been disappointed by the insides being chewy, mushy, or hard texture of the breading on the outside. Maybe you were even met with a cold hot dog in the middle!
Easy Air Fryer Meal
Let me tell you, the air fryer really takes this classic meal and simple snack to another level at home. When making these in the air fryer, there is an even heating and crispy texture. And because the air fryer uses air to cook, your leaving out the oil frying!
When you air fry corn dogs, you get crispy exteriors, and a delicious and quick meal in minutes, which is perfect on busy weeknights.
Because they are so delicious, you will think you have discovered the secret you’ve been missing your whole life. You can even add your favorite dip to make it the irresistible morsel you know and love.
What you will need to make corn dogs
I make these delicious corn dogs in my Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer. I can fit enough corn dogs for my whole family in it! Air fryer cooking times may vary depending on the type of air fryer oven you have.
- Just frozen corn dogs!-You can pick your favorite brand and size. If you don’t have one already, I like Bar S or State Fair brand corn dogs. You can choose between mini corn dogs and regular corn dogs!
FROZEN CORN DOG COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
Open your box of corn dogs– no need to thaw first. You can select either mini-sized corn dogs or regular-sized corn dogs.
Trim the wooden skewers on the corn dogs if applicable and needed.
Place corn dogs in air fryer basket in a single layer, and air fry at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes, turning the dogs once during the cooking process. Air fry until they are crispy to the touch.
Take them out of the air fryer basket and enjoy them as a crispy entrée or appetizer with whatever dipping sauce you prefer!
You can use whichever you prefer for this easy air-fryer recipe. The only thing is, you may need to trim down the wooden sticks in order for them to fit in the basket of your air fryer.
These corn dogs become the delectable meal you know them to be when they are dipped in your favorite dipping sauce. You can use ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, ranch, honey mustard, Barbecue sauce, aioli, or a special sauce like Chick Fil A sauce.
Since frozen corn dogs are pre-cooked and then re-cooked in the air fryer, they don’t save very well. They are perfectly safe to refrigerate, they just will lose their texture. It's best to eat cooked corn dogs immediately.
Yes, there are a lot of brands that make gluten free corn dogs! A couple are Foster Farms and Applegate Naturals. There are a lot of alternatives available for any dietary constraints you may have, and whatever your favorite corn dogs are will work perfectly with this recipe!
Yes, you can still enjoy this delicious meal with vegan corn dogs! Morning Star Farms and Field Roast are two brands who make plant-based corn dogs that can work perfectly with this recipe.
MORE FROZEN FOODS EASY AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- 1 Air Fryer
- 4 Corn Dogs
- Open your box of corn dogs– you can select either mini-sized corn dogs or regular-sized corn dogs.
- Trim the wooden skewers on the corn dogs if applicable and needed.
- Place corn dogs in air fryer basket, and air fry at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes, turning the corn dogs halfway through the cooking process. Air fry until they are crispy to the touch.
- Take them out of the air fryer basket and enjoy them as a crispy entrée or appetizer with whatever dipping sauce you prefer!
- Depending on the size and type of the corn dogs, the cooking time may different. You may need to check on them and adjust your cook time based on how your corn dogs react to your personal air fryer.
- When air frying smaller corn dog nuggets or corn dog bites, you may need to adjust cooking time by 1-2 minutes.
- If you are using a tray, spray with air fryer safe cooking spray to prevent sticking.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.