These Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs are a quick and easy meal for family lunches or dinners at home. The air fryer adds that extra crispiness that makes this fan favorite just perfect!
WHY I LOVE THIS CORN DOG RECIPE
The air fryer makes crispy corn dogs that have a satisfying crunch that gives way to a sweet blast of flavor and a soft, savory center. They are a favorite comfort food that makes a delicious snack or meal.
When making these in the air fryer, there is an even heating and crispy texture. And because the air fryer uses air to cook, your leaving out the deep frying! Taking them straight from the freezer, there is no prep time!
If you this recipe, you might enjoy these chili cheese dogs.
- Just frozen corndogs!-You can pick your favorite brand and size. If you don't have one already, I like Bar S Johnsonville, or State Fair brand corn dogs. You can choose between mini corn dogs and regular corn dogs!
Open your box of corn dogs– no need to thaw first. You can select either mini-sized corn dogs or regular-sized corn dogs.
Trim the corn dog sticks if they don't fit in the air fryer.
Place corn dogs in air fryer basket in a single layer, and air fry at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes, turning the dogs once during the cooking process. Air fry until they are crispy on the outside and hot on the inside.
Take them out of the air fryer basket and enjoy them as a crispy entrée or appetizer with your favorite condiments, or whatever dipping sauce you prefer!
I make this recipe in my Cosori air fryer. Depending on your air fryer oven, size and wattages, air frying times may need to be adjusted by an estimate of 1-2 minutes.
- If the center of the hot dog isn't hot, return to the air fryer for an additional 2-4 minutes.
- To prevent sticking, which shouldn't happen, lightly spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Don't overfill, stack, or overlap too many corn dogs in the air fryer while cooking. This can prevent air flow and may cause uneven cooking.
- For extra taste, besides your favorite dipping sauces like ketchup, try barbeque sauce, honey mustard sauce, hot sauce, or even marinara sauce for variety.
- Don't overfill the basket. Work in batches if using a smaller air fryer.
STORING AND REHEATING
Since frozen corn dogs are pre-cooked and then re-cooked in the air fryer, they don't save very well. They are perfectly safe to refrigerate, they just will lose their texture. It's best to eat cooked corn dogs immediately. Don't heat frozen corn dogs until ready to eat.
Yes, there are a lot of brands that make gluten free corn dogs! A couple are Foster Farms and Applegate Naturals. There are a lot of alternatives available for any dietary constraints you may have, and whatever your favorite corn dogs are will work perfectly with this recipe!
For quick sides, serve with air fryer tater tots, air fryer pizza rolls, air French fries, or air fryer frozen mozzarella sticks. They really go with almost everything!
MORE HOT DOG AIR FRYER RECIPES
When you air fry corn dogs, you get crispy exteriors, and a delicious and quick meal in minutes, which is perfect on busy weeknights.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- 1 Air Fryer
- 4 Corn Dogs
- Open your box of corn dogs– you can select either mini-sized corn dogs or regular-sized corn dogs.
- Trim the wooden skewers on the corn dogs if applicable and needed.
- Place corn dogs in air fryer basket, and air fry at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes, turning the corn dogs halfway through the cooking process. Air fry until they are crispy to the touch.
- Take them out of the air fryer basket and enjoy them as a crispy entrée or appetizer with whatever dipping sauce you prefer!
- Depending on the size and type of the corn dogs, the cooking time may different. You may need to check on them and adjust your cook time based on how your corn dogs react to your personal air fryer.
- When air frying smaller corn dog nuggets or corn dog bites, you may need to adjust cooking time by 1-2 minutes.
- If you are using a tray, spray with air fryer safe cooking spray to prevent sticking.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.