This air fryer lamb chops recipe makes juicy lamb chops, that are perfect for a fancy gourmet meal. Made with rosemary, thyme, garlic, and other favorite seasonings, every bite is a burst of flavor.
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
You are going to love this Air Fryer Lamb Chops Recipe. Cooking lamb chops is so easy and they have such a delicious flavor! Lamb chops make such an elegant meal, and making them in the air fryer is a breeze!
When you make this recipe in the air fryer, you can easily make lamb chops anytime! No need to wait for special holidays like Easter or Christmas. And this delicious dinner is ready in just minutes.
- rack of lamb or pre-cut chops
- Olive Oil
- fresh rosemary-about 3 sprigs
- fresh thyme- about 1-2 sprigs
- fresh garlic-minced
- kosher salt
- black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper and minced garlic cloves. Then, stir or whisk the ingredients together.
Next, working in batches, toss the lamb chops in the oil mixture until they are all completely coated with seasonings. If you need to, you may need to add in one or two more tablespoons olive oil, depending on the amount of chops you are coating.
Next, transfer the lamb chops to the air fryer basket. Place them in a single layer, and do not stack or overlap the chops, or they may not cook evenly. Also, depending on the side of your air fryer, you may need to work in batches.
For medium doneness, air fry lamb chops at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes cook time. Turn the lamp chops halfway through cooking.
Once they are done, let the cooked lamb chops rest for about 3-5 minutes before serving.
- If you are starting with a rack of lamb, cut between the bones, with the grain, into chops. You can also purchase the lamb chops already cut. Since I already had the rack of lamb, I cut mine.
- Once you have the chops done, while preparing the seasonings, let lamb chops sit to bring to room temperature, right before cooking.
- Because cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the lamb chops. Be sure to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature for doneness.
- I make this recipe in my Cosori air fryer. Depending on your air fryer, oven size and wattages, cooking time may need to be adjusted 1-2 minutes.
I like to keep my recipes simple, but if you want to try another blend of spices for a nice flavor, you could use garlic powder, garlic salt, teaspoon cayenne pepper, teaspoon onion powder, or even a teaspoon oregano. McCormick's has so many choices!
STORING AND REHEATING
Cover or wrap leftover lamb chops and store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. To reheat, place in the air fryer and air fry at 380 degrees F for 2-5 minutes, until the internal temperature at least 145 degrees F.
The recommended cooking guide for internal temperature for lamb is:
Medium-Rare-145 degrees F
Medium- 160 degrees F
Medium Well-170 degrees F
Because it's important to get safest and most accurate way, using a meat thermometer is the best way to find correct air fryer cooking times.
Depending on the thickness, the cooking timing can be affected. Each piece of meat I used was about 1-1 ¼ inch in thickness. Add 1-2 extra minutes until you reach your desired doneness.
Rack of lamb is perfect for this recipe. This cut has tender meat and in my opinion, makes the best chops for cooking.
MORE AIR FRYER DINNER RECIPES:
You are going to love how easy these lamb chops are to make, without hours of time in the kitchen!
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Air Fryer
- Suggested: Meat Thermometer
- 1 rack of lamb, or 8 pre-cut chops
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary about 3 sprigs
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme about 1-2 sprigs
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic 2 cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- If starting with a rack of lamb, cut with the grain to cut into chops.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir together.
- Working in batches, add in the lamb chops and toss to coat. Repeat process until all chops are well coated with oil and seasonings.
- Place lamb chops in the air fryer basket, without overlapping or stacking. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Air fry at 380 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- Let lamb chops rest for 3-5 minutes after cooking.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.