My recent Girl Scout cookie purchase had me thinking...what if I made Air Fryer Tagalongs like I did my Air Fryer OREO cookies? The results: OH MY GOODNESS!!
I'm always excited about Girl Scout cookies and there isn't anything you can do to stop me from buying my favorite cookies and supporting the scouts. In fact, I was a proud little Brownie scout when I was younger.
Tagalongs are by far one of my favorite cookies, right behind thin mints. I know, I know, you either love them or hate them.
I just so happen to love think mints and love Tagalongs equally.
Easy Air Fryer Fried Tagalongs
You can basically take this recipe and use it with any cookie, so if you're up to it, you can Air Fry Girl Scout Cookies until your heart's content.
To make these Air Fryer Tagalongs, you only need to have a few things on hand:
- Air Fryer - use what you have, this should work in all of them.
- Tagalongs - one of our favorite Girl Scout Cookies
- Crescent Roll dough - We prefer Pillsbury
- Powdered sugar - for topping
How to Make Air Fried Tagalongs
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the basket if needed.
- Open and separate the crescent roll dough.
- Place one Tagalong cookie in the middle of the crescent dough sheet and cover the cookie completely.
- Place the crescent wrapped Tagalong cookies into the preheated and prepared Air Fryer basket and bake for 4-5 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown.
- Carefully remove the Air Fried Tagalongs from the basket and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
Seriously, these are now one of my favorite snacks, and my kids loved them too! In fact, I have officially gone through all 4 boxes of Tagalongs at my house and will now have to wait until they start selling again next year.
Substitutions and FAQs
Absolutely! The sky is the limit when you're choosing your favorite cookie to wrap and fry. We also love OREOs and thin mints, but there are seriously many available options.
What time and temp should I use for Air Fryer cookies?
I recommend preheating the temperature to 360 degrees Fahrenheit before placing the items into the basket. I generally cook my cookies between 4-5 minutes, until the crescent dough is golden brown.
As you can tell, we love to make cakes, pies, cookies, and more in the Air Fryer. Check out all of our favorite Air Fryer Desserts by bookmarking our website, but make sure you also check out these awesome desserts below.
MORE AIR FRYER DESSERTS:
- Air Fryer OREO Cheesecake
- Air Fried Strawberry Cream Cheese Hand Pies
- Air Fryer Cheesecake
- Air Fryer Banana Nut Bread
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Air Fryer Fried Tagalongs
- Air Fryer
- 4 Tagalongs
- 4 Crescent dough sheets
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the basket with nonstick spray if needed.
- Unwrap the crescent rolls dough sheets and set them aside.
- Place a Tagalong cookie onto the crescent dough sheet and cover the cookie completely.
- Place the Crescent dough covered Tagalongs into the preheated and prepared Air Fryer basket and bake for 4-6 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the Air Fryer basket and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- Each Air Fryer is different, so make sure to start checking your cookies for doneness within the last couple of minutes. I generally cook mine between 4-5 minutes, but I have seen others take a little longer to get golden brown.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.